Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Armed and Dangerous

After more than a week on progesterone, it finally caught up with me! I’ve been waiting patiently for four days to have a “movement” to no avail. My belly is protruding like I’m at least 4 months pregnant and my clothes were oh’ so snug and I wasn’t in the best of moods. It was a bad situation.

Was it possible for me to push those little eggs out of their nest? I didn’t know, but I sure didn’t want to find out the hard way. I’m so committed to this process that I couldn’t take the chance. I feel like Horton the Elephant… “I meant what I said, and I said what I meant…” I’m trying to keep these little eggs tight in their nest until they hatch!

After several unsuccessful attempts to make a “movement” I sprung from my desk, grabbed my purse and made a mad dash to the nearest Walgreens searching for some serious relief. When I reached the store, I ran through it like I was on a game show (shopping for dollars). I was on a mission!

I headed straight to the back of the store where I found the stool softeners, then to the juice section where I got the biggest jug of prune juice I could find; across from the juice was a nice big container of pitted prunes. It appeared as if I was working on a science project, but I couldn’t waist any time worrying about what kind of impression I was making on the 12 year old sales clerk (well, maybe not 12, but she looked like it.)

I then returned back to work, took two softeners, ate a half container of prunes and drank a small glass of juice. I wanted to wear a sign home, or make a courtesy call before I got there stating “beware, armed with prunes and softeners, and may be hazardous to your health.” I did spend the remainder of the night apologizing for not offering fair warning before stuff hit the fan.

I was on a serious mission, but thanks to the Factory and her great advice, I was able to resolve this small issue yesterday without anyone getting hurt. She’s so awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely hilarious! One key thing - I didn't say do them all at once!

    Oh well, at least you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice to meet you - I'm an IM on a surrogacy journey.

    Constipation is NOT fun - but the way you told the story was pretty funny :-) I hope you are feeling better and that things are, um, flowing nicely!

    ReplyDelete